Sunday, July 26, 2009

Interview with Cary Judd

Who: Cary Judd
What: Solo musician, in concert
Where: The Quad at Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho - map
When: Thursday, July 30, 2009 6 - 9 pm


I've been posting Cary Judd's shows for over a year now. He typically plays in Idaho Falls and to the north of Pocatello, so I'm eager to see a performance of his at Idaho State University.


SLG: Describe your genre of music in as much detail as you like. Maybe list your three best crowd-pleasing songs? Can you explain in what way do you most appeal to your fans?

CJ: Rock & Roll - it's loud for just one person. Outside of that it's easier to hear it than describe it beyond that.

SLG: Have you always been a solo artist? Or have you worked with a band?

CJ: I am both a solo artist and a band.

SLG: Tell us where you're from and currently based in what town?

CJ: I was born in The Czech Republic to an American woman and a Dutch man. I've lived many places since; the last 6 years mostly in my car, hotel rooms, miscellaneous couches and camp sites across the U-S-of-A.

SLG: Past shows or venues you'd like to brag about? Past or future shows in the Pocatello area?

CJ: I once opened for a magician; I'm still digesting that. I play Pocatello as often as the good Lord allows me to.

SLG: Describe this particular show. What can ppl expect if they come to this show?

CJ: All ages. July 30th, free show in the quad. I will be hitting the stage at approximately 7PM, after I hit it, I will stomp on it for approximately 1 1/2 hours. [Anodyne Red opens at 6PM. -SLG]

SLG: Any comments about the local live music scene, the music industry in general? What do you think is the best way to get your music out there?

CJ: I have no idea what I'm doing. The longer I do this, the more confused I am by the business of music. I just keep making music that is honest and hope someone wants to hear it.

SLG: Do you have any favorite videos of your band or your music on YouTube?

CJ: This one -

and this one -

SLG: Recordings? Will you have CD's or more for sale at the show?

CJ: Yes, I have a new CD that came out a few months ago called "Goodnight Human." It will be available as well as my older album and the cutest t-shirts you ever did see.

SLG: How can fans contact you? Myspace? or another website?

http://www.facebook.com/caryjudd
http://www.myspace.com/caryjudd
http://www.caryjudd.com

No comments:

Tell Your Friends

Bookmark and Share