Friday, April 24, 2009

Interview with Jordan Booth

Who: Jordan Booth
What: In concert
Where: First National Bar - map
When: Saturday, April 25 9:30pm
How Much: $3 at the door

SLG: Describe your genre of music in as much detail as you like. Maybe list your three best crowd-pleasing songs? Can you explain in what way do you most appeal to your fans?

JB: My name is Jordan Booth. I’m a Singer/Songwriter from Salt Lake City UT. My music can be best described as vocal-driven acoustic rock. I often get asked who my influences are, which is a difficult question for me because I’ve been influenced by so many artists and so many genres. My “influences” go like this:

* Music that is sung or played with heart, soul, and meaning.... You're your own judge.
* Every song that has ever given me goosebumps.
* Every song that keeps me wanting to progress and keep making music.
* Every album that is so well written and put together that you listen to it three times a day for the first month you have it. (I do that a lot).
* That one note the singer hits in the song I always crank the volume on.
* The sad songs that are sung with so much heart and emotion, I can't stop listening to. Yet I almost always well up with tears every time I listen to them.
* The songs that make me feel so at peace inside, that I want to die in that moment.
* The songs that take me back to the moments in my life I love to remember.
* Every song that I've become so lost in, I felt like I left this world while I was listening to it.

Probably my top three crowd-pleasing songs from my album, Caution, that is out right now would be; “I Know”, “Caution”, and “I Guess It’s Done” available on I-tunes.


SLG: You're a solo act, right? Do you also play in a band presently or in the past?

JB: I often play as a solo act, that is how I started. Although, right now I have a band behind me that will be coming to my show in Pocatello. I probably equally enjoy playing solo as I do with the band.



SLG: Tell us where you're from and currently based in what town?

JB: I grew up in Utah and the last few years I have lived in Phoenix, and Seattle and am currently living in Salt Lake City working on my second album.

SLG: Past shows or venues you'd like to brag about? Past or future shows in the Pocatello area?

JB: One of my past and favorite shows was last October in Pocatello opening for a couple of gifted artists, Joshua Radin, and Missy Higgins at the Icon. I am really excited to come back because a big part of what made that show my favorite was the welcoming crowd and how nice everyone was during and after the show.

SLG: Recordings? Will you have CD's or more for sale at the show?

JB: I will have my album, Caution, on sale at the show for $10.00 or you can purchase my songs at I-tunes.

SLG: How can fans contact you? Myspace? or another website?

JB: My website is jordanbooth.com, or myspace.com/jordanbooth or you can find me on facebook.

[Jordan Booth on You Tube -SLG]

No comments:

Tell Your Friends

Bookmark and Share