Sunday, June 21, 2009

Interview with Zombie At Heart

Who: Zombie At Heart
What: Opening for Steve Means
When: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 6:00pm
Where: Idaho State University Quad
How Much: Free


Zombie at Heart, a.k.a. John Vieira, is a pop-punk solo musician drawing inspiration from the “pop” in pop-punk and the heaviness and brutality of hardcore. I caught up with Vieira recently about his upcoming performance at ISU.


SLG: Describe your genre of music in as much detail as you like. Maybe list your three best crowd-pleasing songs? Can you explain in what way do you most appeal to your fans?

JV: I would say my music is indie-rock / powerpop, if that makes sense. The problem is that the new EP, "V-necks And G-strings," is a complete band. But since I'm the only member, I have to tour acoustic. So I guess what I mean is that I'm unsure on the genre. I'm just a regular college kid who would rather make a living with music than anything else.

SLG: Are the plans to put a group effort together? A band?

JV: I am currently the only member of ZAH. I have some friends who are going to be a part of the band soon though.

SLG: Tell us where you're from and currently based in what town?

JV: I'm from Boise, but I've been living in Twin Falls and going to College of Southern Idaho.

SLG: Past shows or venues you'd like to brag about? Past or future shows in the Pocatello area?

JV: I played a show in Pocatello on the last tour I went on, but it was a really last minute arrangement with the venue so the turn out wasn't very strong. I'm not really selective about playing shows either. If it's a chance for me to play music for people then that's fine with me.

SLG: Describe this particular show. What can people expect if they come to this show?

JV: Well to be honest, I know virtually nothing about this show. BUT, I do know that it starts at 6 pm, and it's gonna be a blast. So everyone should come keep it real with me.

SLG: Any comments about the local live music scene, the music industry in general? What do you think is the best way to get your music out there?

JV: Well in my experience, it sucks being a band from Idaho, because there isn't much of a music scene. There are lots of people that like music here, but you could find that anywhere. That's the main reason I try to be on the road a lot. As far as the music industry goes, right now is the worst time to try making it in music because the economy is in a nasty spot.

SLG: Do you have any videos on YouTube? If so, how do we find them?

JV: Oh yeah! I love me some Youtube, ha. I always put up random funny videos or clips from concerts, studio updates, etc. The URL is www.youtube.com/user/john9to9.



SLG: Recordings? Will you have CD's or more for sale at the show?

JV: Yes I actually just spent a month in Seattle recording a new EP called "V-necks And G-strings," plus I will have my old EP for sale as well.

SLG: How can fans contact you? Myspace? or another website?

JV: The main Zombie At Heart website is www.myspace.com/zombieatheart. I am online at some point everyday just to talk to fans, so if anyone want's to get a hold of me that's your best bet.

No comments:

Tell Your Friends

Bookmark and Share